New Year's Eve Style Confessions

Happy New Year's Eve! I hope you have something fun planned to ring in the new year!
The hubby and I decided to go ice skating this afternoon and then grab a beverage or two at a restaurant near our house. When we were making these plans, a couple thoughts ran through my mind:
Awe, ice skating is so romantic! And then...
...reality set in about my skating abilities.
So, naturally I decided to focus on a cute, color coordinated outfit to wear ice skating, instead of the actual skills needed to ice skate!  
Here's what I came up with!
I'm SOOOOO excited to share this look with you, because the scarf and beanie are SO CUTE! They were the MatchiN'spiration pieces for this outfit. Did you see the matching socks?!?
LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. this outfit!
In all honesty, the scarf and hat aren't something I will wear year after year, because the color will probably be out of style by next season. HOWEVER, I was able to put aside practicality because they were so inexpensive! I mean fall-out-of-your-seat, must have MatchiN'spiration pieces, less than $7, kind of inexpensive!
Shop the look for yourself:
Old Navy Cable Knit Beanie here//Old Navy 'HAPPY' scarf here//J. Crew Puffer vest in Saddle here//American Eagle jeans here//Exact socks no longer available//UGG Bailey Button boots here
SO CUTE, right?!?
I have a confession. As much as I love this outfit, I'm NOT going to be able to wear it ice skating. :-(
We are expected to get lots of snow (YES! YES! YES!) and frigid cold temperatures, so I'm afraid I won't be warm enough in this outfit.
I will likely pull out my hot chili thermal top and bottoms (SO WARM), my cozy North Face fleece,  throw on some jeans, and wear my marshmallow-arm ski jacket AND matching mittens!

This outfit is definitely NOT up to MatchiN'ista expectations, but it will have to do! ;-)
I'm going to put aside my matchy-matchy, color coordinated outfit obsession passion for now, and enjoy the day with my hubby! :-)
What are your New Year's Eve plans?!? Whatever you do, stay warm, safe, and have fun!!!
Happy matching!
Marcie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers! Check back soon for my reply to your comment or answer to your question! Happy matching!

Marcie