Scarves, Scarves, and More Scarves Part 2

Happy Thursday everyone! I'm back with part 2 of Monday's post.

Just to recap  - I LOVE SCARVES! They are what I like to call matchiN'spiration pieces!

People always ask me about different ways to tie scarves. If you're looking for scarf tying tutorials, check out this blog post from Nordstrom.

Here are a few of my favorite ways to tie scarves.
 
 
The Classic
 
 The Cozy
 
The Loop-d-Loop
 By the way, I have no idea what the real names are for each style of tying, so I came up with my own!
 
 
 As promised, here are a few more scarves from my collection...
It's no secret, I love plaid (stay tuned for another confession about my love of patterns!)! I love the pop of red in this scarf. It's perfect for this time of year.
 
Here's how I wore it.
I chose to pair this scarf with a navy tunic, navy leggings, and brown boots, but it could be worn with so many different outfits! A red sweater, a green long-sleeve t-shirt, the possibilities are endless! This is a staple scarf for me this fall and winter. I'm not sure what company this scarf is from because it came in one of my 'fixes' from Stitchfix (speaking of Stitchfix, have you ever heard of it?!?). You can find a similar scarf here and here.
 
Gap also has a plaid scarf that it is adorable! It comes in three colors: red, black night, and chalk. I highlighted the red and black night below. Both are must have matchiN'spiration pieces! I couldn't resist creating an outfit for each one!  Especially since Gap and J Crew are offering 30% right now!
 
Here's the scarf in black night and how I would wear it.
Want the look? Here are the links for each piece:
1. Scarf  from Gap (black night)
2. Sweater  from Gap (red)
3. Matchstick jeans (pitch black) from J Crew (I have these in just about every wash. They are wonderful!)
3. Leather Slip-ons from Gap
 
 
Here's the scarf in red and how I would wear it.
Ok, so my favorite part about this outfit is the green slip-on sneakers! They bring out the subtle green in the scarf.
Interested in taking a peek at this look?!?
1. Scarf  from Gap (red)
2. Tunic from Gap (black)
3. Matchstick (classic rinse) denim from J Crew (same as above, only in a different wash)
4. Sateen slip-ons from Gap (green)
 
Did I mention that Gap and J Crew are offering 30% off right now?!? If you're a teacher or a student, don't forget to ask for the 15% off discount at J Crew!
 
 
Here's another scarf from my closet.
 
Here's how I wore this one.
There's nothing that makes me smile more than polka dots! Polka dots + scarves = one happy matchiN'ista! This scarf happens to be one of my favorites because it was a birthday gift from my sister, Holly <3. She bought it from J Crew factory last year, so it's no longer available.
 
If you love patterned scarves, check out this one from J Crew factory and this one from Anthropologie. Both are on my matchiN'spiration wishlist!
 
Just one more...

I love how scarves can transform an outfit. I'm wearing a plain black tunic and leggings, but the extra pop from the houndstooth scarf dresses up my plain jane outfit!
 
 
Have a wonderful day! Check back soon for style confession #2!
 
 
Happy matching!
 
Marcie
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers! Check back soon for my reply to your comment or answer to your question! Happy matching!

Marcie