Postpartum Jean Shopping Part II

Ugh, jean shopping. Love it or hate it?

I'm in the "hate it" category, simply because I'm sorta picky, which makes shopping for jeans a lengthy process!

A few weeks ago I shared my first shopping experience since having my second baby boy. I'm happy to report it was a huge success! I found these jeans that I am in love with and that have been a staple in my weekly wardrobe since then. Missed the post? Check it out here.

This past week I ventured out to the mall again, in search of another pair of jeans. I decided to check out Abercrombie {I felt super duper old walking into the store, but I put my head down, grabbed the jeans I wanted to try, headed to the fitting room and got to work!} because I have heard other bloggers raving about their jeans now for the past few months. I figured, why not give them a try?!?

Before we dive into the try-on, let's chat a little bit about what makes the 'perfect' jean in my book.

MatchiN'ista's Guide to Finding the Perfect Jean

1. PRICE - Doesn't break the bank - this is a biggie for me. Although I would love to spend a few hundred dollars on a pair of premium denim, I just cannot. Not in this season of my life. If I can get a pair of denim that I like for under $100 then I'm satisfied. If they're under $50 then you know I'm buying multiple pairs!

2. COMFORT - Comfy, comfy, comfy - Enough said, right?!? For me, this comes down to the material. I like a small amount of stretchy material {think jegging}for softness {and for days when I eat a little extra}, but prefer the majority to be cotton

3. RISE - Mid to high-rise - Gone are the days of low-riders for me! The perfect rise for me is when the top of the jean hits right below my belly button. This way my mama's belly is hidden, but I don't look like Steve Urkel {please tell me you remember him?!? :-)}

4. LEG SHAPE - Skinny or straight leg, please - So, I know the flare leg is increasing in popularity but I am not jumping on that trend yet. It's just not a flattering look on my short legs.

5. WASH - Dark wash - I prefer a darker wash as opposed to a light wash. My thighs are a bit larger than I would like them to be and a darker wash tends to slim them out.

6. DETAILS - Semi-distressed -  I like the casual, fun, look of distressed jeans, but I don't want to look like I might as well have just worn shorts. The distressed spots must fall in the correct spot on my leg. For example, if the tears are supposed to be on the knee, then that's where I want them to fall! This one can get tricky! Sometimes petite options or even trying a different pair of the same size fixes this problem.

7. BUM VIEW - Looks good in the rear - Ok, so I have a pancake bum. Any pair of denim that gives it a little lift is perfect in my book!

8. POCKETS - I like front and rear pockets. The best fit, in my opinion, is when the rear pocket sits right in the middle of the cheek. A pocket that's too small can make the bum look bigger and a pocket that's too big can make the bum look flat...again, totally my opinion!

9. LENGTH - Right at the ankle bone for me. I can cuff them when I wear booties or leave them as is when I wear flats.


Ready to shop?!?

I selected a few different styles to try and I was pleased with 2 out of the 3 that I chose.

I was absolutely shocked when I tried the High-Rise Super Skinny Jean on and discovered how comfortable they were. Super soft; the right amount of stretch, and a great wash! They hit my ankle in just the right place, too!

I loved the high rise fit because it covered my mama belly! 






Next up was the High-Rise Ankle Simone jean in Dark Wash. I like the medium wash, too, but they didn't have it to try in my size. I think the distressing hits me right where it should: at the knees. The ankle length is just right.   



The pockets fell in the right place and gave my bum a little boost! 




This next pair, the High Rise Super Skinny Simone jean in Dark Wash, was my least favorite. There were too many rips and tears for my comfort level. I did not like where they hit my ankles, as they seemed a tad short. I did, however, love how comfortable they were. The material was soft and there was the right amount of stretch.



.
Overall, I can say that I was pleased with the selection of jeans that Abercrombie had available. I did not try on any of the low rise options because I just knew they would not be the right jean for me.

Size tip: I took a size 27 in the regular length (I'm 5'4'' and about 125lbs.) which is equivalent to a size 4. This is TTS for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers! Check back soon for my reply to your comment or answer to your question! Happy matching!

Marcie