MatchiN'ista Defined

"What's a MatchiN'ista?" you ask. I couldn't think of another word that described my style, so I came up with my own! Matching + Fashionista = MatchiN'ista! Naturally, since it's a new word, I had to define it....

A MatchiN'ista is a person who obsessively passionately creates outfits that coordinate patterns, colors, and designs that tickle their fancy. Sometimes described as being a bit "matchy-matchy," a MatchiN'ista embraces their style regardless of the latest fashion trends. A MatchiN'ista allows for creative fashion mistakes (i.e. mismatches) on the journey to perfectly harmonized outfits!

I'm hoping there are other MatchiN'ista's out there!

Happy matching!

Marcie


2 comments:

  1. I am curious about your view on mixing patterns in an outfit. I love the look of stripes and checks broken up by solids, but I am never sure if it looks right!! I put it together but never have the nerve to walk out with it on!! Your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out my blog, Dana! Great question! I absolutely think it's ok to mix patterns, especially if you are layering. I would pick one pattern that stands out more than the other and treat that as my 'statement' piece. For example, a checked button down shirt under a solid sweater would look fabulous with pants that have a subtle stripe (or vice versa). Especially if both patterns have the same colors in them! Be brave and wear your stripes and checks together!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers! Check back soon for my reply to your comment or answer to your question! Happy matching!

Marcie