Stuff the Stocking of an Exercise Enthusiast!

The official Christmas countdown....
 
11 days! YIKES!
 
I have a confession, one that's not related to style, but still worth sharing!
 
My FAVORITE Christmas gift is my stocking!  
 
Let me tell you a little bit about the stocking tradition in my family. My mom does the BEST job at finding AMAZING stocking stuffers for each one of my sister's and me (and the spouses and kids). Not only does she fill the stocking with a few of our favorite things, but she finds fabulous stockings for us too! Everything from Vera Bradley bags, gym bags, totes from thirty-one, and tool bags have been filled with tidings of joy! Well let me tell you, the other day I almost fell out of my chair because she sent me this text:
 
 
GASP!! Once again, I almost fell out of my chair! Let me back up a little here. I have absolutely NOTHING wrong with giving or receiving gift cards, but my mom has this incredible ability of finding the most unique, meaningful gifts for our stockings! At 30+ years old, I STILL get giddy with excitement on Christmas morning when I get to open my stocking! So mom, gift cards...really?!? On the flip side, I understand that filling stockings for all of us kids is like a second job. I'm sure there are other amazing stocking fillers out there, so I decided that I could be on the look-out for perfect stocking stuffers for the gals in your family, including a MatchiN'ista, and here are a few things that I found. 
 
  
At this point in my life I wouldn't call myself an exercise enthusiast, but more of a recreational, every now and then, when I get the chance, need a stress reliever, I have to accomplish everything on my to-do list before I exercise, enthusiast! However, it wasn't that long ago that I was training for half ironman distance triathlons, running marathons, and teaching Spinning classes. So my point is, that when I WAS an exercise enthusiast, I had a few things that I could NOT live without, and that would make GREAT stocking stuffers!!
 
1. First up, the Sweat Happens Liner Bags from Lululemon. Absolutely MUST HAVE! If you are someone who showers at the gym, where do you put your sweaty, smelly clothes and dirty shoes? Why in these bags of course! It's kind of a pricey stocking stuffer ($42.00), but you get three bags, and they are just fabulous! The exercise enthusiast in your life will thank you for years to come (and truthfully, if you live with that person you'll be equally as happy to have stinky, sweaty clothes kept in a not touching anything else, organized, bundle).
 
2. Up next, Bondi Bands. I'm jumping out of my seat excited to share these with you!!!! They are the most comfortable, durable, and FUN headbands around! Whenever I workout, I wear a Bondi Band. They have a variety of different sayings (like the one pictured); themes (holidays, sports teams, sports); patterns, whatever you're interested in, they have a Bondi Band to match! As a MatchiN'ista,  I have quite the selection of Bondi Bands, so that I always have one to match my workout outfit! If you're looking for a sweat towel, they have those too!
 
3. Next up, a storage case for those tangled, what a mess, super frustrating, earbuds! The case in the picture is specifically for my FAVORITE earbuds (#6 on the list), but there are a variety of cases for other brands. Another "thank you for the best stocking stuffer ever!" kind of gift. Why??? In my opinion you should invest in a quality pair of earphones, which means you should also take care of them so that they last. With this handy dandy earbud case, not only will your earbuds last forever, but they will be organized too! If you don't already know this by now, this MatchiN'ista is ALL about staying organized (I could write a separate blog on my obsession passion for organizing).
 
4. Who can exercise without socks?!? Hands down, these are my favorite socks to workout in. They are thin, lightweight, and breathable. My favorite part is the mesh section that hugs the center of the foot. If you are a runner or know someone that is, it is beyond frustrating when your socks slide down into your shoe. These  socks DO NOT do that! You're probably thinking well, socks are pretty specific to the person wearing them, but at less than $9.00 per pack, they are worth the risk!
 
5. Everyone NEEDS a towel wrap! It's a towel that velcros at the top so your hands are free to carry all of your shower goodies. I keep mine in my gym bag, but I would love another one to keep at home. If you or a special someone in your life showers at the gym, this is a truly a life changing stocking stuffer! It takes away all the frustration of having to hold up your towel, carry shower belongings, clothes, etc. This is something every gal should own!
 
6. Yay for Yurbuds! I love these! I have tiny ears, so I have a difficult time finding earbuds that fit in my ears. These definitely do the trick! They are so comfortable, I don't even know that they're in my ears. Not sure about the pink color, that's ok because they also come in blue. Some retailers carry them in other colors too, you just have to do a little searching. The link I provided is to Target, simply because I bought mine from Target...and I love Target! :-)
 
 

That's it for now! I hope you have found a few stocking stuffers for the exercise enthusiast in your life! Stay tuned for more stocking stuffer ideas!
 
 
 
 
Happy matching!
 
Marcie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers! Check back soon for my reply to your comment or answer to your question! Happy matching!

Marcie