Style Confession #12: All Things Navy {With Splashes of Pink and Red}

Good morning to you! I'm back with another style confession. Style confession #12 if you're counting. :-)

What's a style confession? My very own guiding principles for putting outfits together. I'm certainly no fashion expert, but I 💓 all things color coordinated and can't resist sharing what I find with others in hopes that maybe there is another MatchiN'ista out there, too!

Check out my other style confessions here:
#1 Scarves, Scarves and more Scarves!
#2 Why Have a Coat Closet If You're Not Going to Fill It? 
#3 Too Matchy-Matchy??...Never!
#4 Plaid, Polka Dots, and Prints Galore!
#5 Scarves, Coats, What's a MatchiN'ista Missing?...Boots of Course! 
#6 My Socks Don't Always Match My Outfit..Gasp!
#7 If One is Good, Two is Better, and Three is Fabulous!
#8 I Love a Good Theme
#9 Hats Make Great MatchiN'spiration Pieces!
#10 Timely Fashionable
#11 Mommin' Isn't Easy But It's Better In Leggings!
#12 REVEALED TODAY!

Let's chat about another one of my style confessions. I LOVE all shades of blue, but navy is my favorite. Navy wears well in all 4 seasons; nautical in the Spring and Summer, navy infused plaid tones in the Fall; and outfits inspired by Winter blues are my love language. Navy can easily be worn as a neutral or for a pop of color. It's just one of those colors that looks amazing on everyone.

Ok, why am I gushing about a color you ask??...I know kinda silly...well, because when I'm obsessed passionate about something I tend to go a little overboard. I'm definitely the person who believes in buying multiples. Why limit yourself when one is good, two is better, and three is fabulous! #oneineverycolor #notahoarder

I digress...back to Navy. Here's a peek at some of my most recent Navy loves.



I couldn't ask for a more perfect shirt! The stripes are exactly what I gravitate toward for a spring/summer nautical look, and the bell sleeves are just too cute to pass up. If I'm being completely honest, I was hesitant to try this on because of the bell sleeves. I grabbed it anyway and I'm so glad I decided to go outside of my comfort zone a bit. Full disclosure: This would look super cute with a pair of dark denim (like my most recent faves in this post: Latest Confession: Jean Shopping 8 Weeks Post Partum), but most likely I will be wearing it with these dress pants for work. The sleeves just aren't practical for my daily mom duties of diaper changing, nursing, and playing superheroes right now. I can promise you this though, it will be in my weekly outfit rotation when I return work!

Fit Tip: The shirt is a looser fit, but runs pretty tts. I am wearing an xs. The pants are the Julie, which is a curvier fit. I am wearing a size 2 and they are a little loose in the waist.

Side Note: Clearly photography is not my forte. One of these days I'll get better at taking pics...and I'll remember to wear the right shoes for try-ons.

Loving this shirt with peacocks on it! So cute and comfortable. Another good wear-to-work piece. Give me all the navy and patterns!



I also love dressing for a good theme, and it just so happens that Valentine's Day is this week! I found so  many cute Valentine's Day tops that are navy with pops of color and I couldn't be more high excited! #highfive
This scarf from Anthropologie speaks my love language for all sorts of reasons. You know I love a good scarf; it's a great accessory for Valentine's Day, and it comes in Navy...it meets so many of my style confessions that I could not pass it up!

Update: Sadly, this scarf is no longer available online in navy. I found it at my local store, so be sure to check yours! It also comes in pink and red, which are both cute options! 

Check out this tee from J Crew. It's another win-win for this MatchiN'ista! {Bonus: It's 30% off right now with code XOXO}

It's too cold in my neck of the woods to wear a short-sleeved tee, but it's perfect for those of you living in a warmer climate.

This shirt from Loft is super cute! Another adorable navy and white stripe combo, only this time with a little pop of red for Valentine's Day! It's part of the Lou and Grey collection so you know it's super soft. :-)



How about a pair of navy wellies {I'm all about the boots!} with these pink boot socks. So cute, right?!?

{on sale!}


I hope there's someone out there who loves the color navy as much as I do! If not, well, maybe this post convinced you to become just the slightest bit obsessed passionate. :-)

Happy Matching!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers! Check back soon for my reply to your comment or answer to your question! Happy matching!

Marcie